top of page

May 16 Update

We’re enduring another setback but we remain steadfast! On May 12, we departed from New Hampshire, had some final repairs made in New York and had our sights set on Goose Bay-Happy Valley, Canada, with a quick stop in Bangor, Maine. Due to bad weather, we were diverted from landing in Goose Bay-Happy Valley to Sept-Iles, Canada on May 13. And here we are. Ice storms have kept us grounded and we may not be seeing clear enough skies until May 17.

We remain thankful for everyone’s well wishes and continued donations toward ending polio. Our friends in Denmark made do with a Flight To End Polio event, despite the actual Flight To End Polio pilots not being in attendance! Below is a photo of their group viewing a Zoom call with Peter and John.

This delay will likely call for more changes to our stops and the visits we have long awaited and that is disheartening. We are hopeful that this is the last delay on this journey!

You can keep tabs on us by going to and typing our Tail Number into the search: N732WP. Stay tuned to our Facebook page and for updates.


bottom of page